Sunday 15 April 2012

Double first

It's been the perfect spring day here today; the wind has had an edge to it but when you're sheltered from it the sun is hot. My 'followed' is no surrounded by hedgebank plants that are growing at an incredible pace, but it remains closed up, with buds that are still as tightly locked down as they were in January.
While I was studying them an orange tip butterfly came by, a first for me this me. Later I saw my first swallows - a couple on telephone wires - so it feels that spring is really kicking in here in north Pembs.
Photo: Guido Gerding
I'm away tomorrow for a few days in Jersey. It will be an interesting contrast, but though I'm keen to be going I'm also sorry that I'll be missing almost a week of spring on the Cych. It's a shame I can't be in two places at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment