Friday 13 April 2012

Hot news

The first swallows have been spotted here in the valley. Not by me, sadly. I've been stuck in front of a computer all day, but I trust this particular pair of eyes.
It will be interesting to see what happens when the pair of swallows that use the old nests in our garage drop in. There are three old nests up in the roof beams, but the best of them has now been converted into a wren nest.
The nest-builder, who we've decided to call Christopher, is spending much of his time in the hedge close to the garage door singing at top volume. And, I think I can just make out the tip of a bill in the nest entrance - his mate sitting on eggs?
What will happen when  the swallows turn up? Will they make do with one of the other old nests or will Christopher have a fight on his hands?

No comments:

Post a Comment